Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Not much to post food wise--but I feel accomplished today!

The amazing power of a cut and colour is mine today...  We'll see how it holds up to my normal morning routine of wash, and sortadrying.

I was too late for Spanish after the doing of the hair, so I was really early for pickup at school-so I cut laminating for the teacher...and flashed back to helping mom at school.  I also finished my online book club novel Water for Elephants and enjoyed it greatly.  The librarian at school offered me Sara Gruen's followup, about horses...but said she didn't enjoy it as much.  So I'm not really chomping at the bit to get into that one.

It's time for dinner, which is a collection of leftovers...everyone pick your favourite!  Good thing soups get better in there.  Without guests, the food is lasting for a long time in the fridge.  I'm feeling more organized in the food department, and seem able to whoosh through the supermarket with increasing speed.

[A gross-out aside]  I watched Kitchen Nightmares last night, because I didn't turn of the tv in time...and I was hooked.  There was a chef who stuck his finger in everything, licked it, and put it back in.  I almost lost my cookies!  I like making my own food... That chef was fired.  Whew.  I might be able to eat out again--EVER!

With the aid of a colourful calendar, we're counting the days to Easter, over which we plan to do very little, and only the things we feel like!  I might try to find chocolate moulds so the kids can enjoy a little kitchen crafting for Easter.  After Jeff's world tour, I think he'll appreciate taking it easy and following a whim or two.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment