Not actual business, I'm still enjoying having no official job...but I do feel that I can function again. I've had to conclude that I had a bug of some kind. There was just no fever to confirm, only aches, headaches, extreme fatigue and vomiting. I've forgiven myself for the confusion, because those things can happen to me at any time, depending...but all at once, and without repreive, must have been a bug.
The kids's parent-teacher interviews were good, report cards were good, they've been a little buggy too, but sort of an under the radar kind of thing. It might be the pollution has worn us out a bit...I could hardly see the nearby hills through the grungy air...ugh. I am craving clean air.
I've been putting off my role as travel planner a bit, because I can hardly get Jeff into the discussion before he falls asleep! I keep waiting, but sooner than later, I'll have to corner him. I've been sympathetic though, his head is crammed with sinus issues and he's not sleeping well at all.
The upside of his cough? I've seen the Royal Wedding. I noted in FB that I totally need some kind of "admire me now, commit me later" hat. Those style choices verged on the taxidermied...it was just shy of a hot-glued rubber chicken in some cases. Feathers abounded. Stylized floral was the most outlandish though...there was more "flower" than hat on one of the Queen's granddaughters. Right between the eyes! Oh! Just figured it out...she was designed by Dr. Suess. It all makes sense now. Moving on...
I'm planning vacations, doing bills, trying to figure out how to access the medical reimbursement site...which needs Jeff and his info...refer to above. And, I've been faithfully uploading pictures, trimming their numbers, keeping the best ones, and reorganizing them so the process is more simple. I enjoy simple so much more than multiply-clicked-on-scrolled-through sorting for uploads. Now, they're all in easy to select arrangements; which I achieved while waiting for the batches to upload. I had plenty of time to ponder this, and roughly 30 seconds per photo.
Food wise, I'm still taking it easy, because although I haven't actually woofed any cookies yet today, I'm not ruling out the possibility. Smoothies, and quinoa, and very small test portions-just in case. I think I might venture into a lentil today, if I make it through to the afternoon with, let's call it, uhh...total snack retention.
I'm yearning to feel more organized, so that's the plan. I've never enjoyed that getting behind feeling that comes when I'm sickish...feels like a waste of time. My little high sticker is on the mend, with her eye healing nicely. She's been a trooper about not touching it, so it's healing without infection. She can also enjoy a hairdo of her own choosing today, because it's not dictated by the lice note from school. They can call it pediculosis...but you're never going to be able to make lice sound nice! She's been very understanding about the braided ponytail.
We're all on the mend, June can't come fast enough, and I'm really looking forward to the holiday. I've tried to simplify that too, and still get time to see everyone we can! It's tough to accept that we can't be everywhere at once; but once I'm over that hump, I'm hoping we won't run ourselves ragged. The kids need a good break before their next grades.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment