I'm a skipper today, of Spanish class. I just really didn't want to go feeling the way I was feeling. I've pushed myself before, and I think my retention was nil, and my frustration was high. Not very good learning when I'm not sure whether or not the nausea will overwhelm me...and in public...that's way too much like being pregnant. I have flashbacks of substitute teaching and having to sprint my largely pregnant self down the hallway to the loo...still remember 13 years later as though it was five minutes past. If I know anything about my body, it's my nausea threshold...and when to respect it. I respected it today.
I sorted more pictures and uploaded more pictures...and that was after the short (3 hours!!) nap in the morning. Something happened to my body that required lots more rest. I did feel a little deprived, because as soon as our guests left, I said goodnight to the kids and went to bed myself. Before 10. I quizzed Jeff about the food being put away, and the doors closed, etc...he assured me all was well. I had to get up at 3 to shut my phone off, (forgot that in the rush to sleep), and noticed it felt quite cold...because the door to theh yard was wide open about 2 and a half feet...weird thought I...
Got back in bed, told Jeff it was open, he sounded surprised, yet fine with it!...and what did I do? Tried to be fine with it and go back to sleep...but then realized I had to give the house a quick once over because of every stupid story I'd ever heard about home invasions...THEN I went back to sleep.
Anyway, that hardly accounts for the 3 hour nap...just feeling so yucky...if I at least had a fever I could confirm that it was a virus. Oh Well! A little nap isn't the end of the world. Hope to spring back by tomorrow. I'm planning an early night, because I'm t-i-r-e-d. The kids need it too, because they were up late. Baths, stories, and bed. There's the plan. Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment