I've been rather patient with all this...but the thing about patience is that if the 'thing' isn't dealt with, patience runs out and action is required. With all things...I'm either in need of changing my perspective, my reality, or left to spend my patience. I've been able to change a lot for myself; yet I still feel like there's something I'm missing...
This brings me to the action plan, because I've run out of patience with gathering information with the food tests. There's possibly too long between intake and result, or I've been thinking the wrong way, trying a food too soon, or together with something else...etc...etc...etc...Now this isn't to say that I haven't learned a lot, but a fair feeling of impatience is with me. I've decided to go both the traditional and natural, alternative pathways at once.
Humourously for me, this is typical. I see benefits in both, and the paradox is back...The moderator in me is able to reconcile that both extremes of practice often provide good information. The trick lies in the sort. I don't think I could argue with a blood-test based IGG, or IGE allergy test; provided that the incident of false positive and false negative results is acceptable. Nor do I think that some alternative tests could hurt either. At the very least, I'll have a baseline, or at least a target, that I can test, using the ol' body as the lab--which I'm in essence, doing anyway, but with less information.
So the new plan of action is to gather information. The things working in my favour are: time...I'm not having to squash appointments between work issues, access...because the medical here is very thorough and brisk, and desire to figure out more about how I process food! It will be even better once I figure out how to access the reimbursements...
I suspect that I'm allergic, in the straightforward fashion-itch, redness, swelling, headache, etc...as well as in the intolerant, or sensitive sense of delayed reaction, second stage allergic responses like gut pain, rash, headaches, and whatever else makes me feel mentally s-l-o-w. Yes, I know 'headache' is represented twice...that matches with my reality. I'm pretty sure that food is playing a big role. If there are environmental factors as well, I'll not be in shock. When I de-chem'd the household cleaning products, I felt much better. Not dusting is lovely too...
Additionally, since the kids are often itchy, stuffy, purple-eyed, red, rashy, and in need of Epi-pens, I'm taking them with me. All this week needs is allergy appointments for all, along with a thyroid check for me. A few Spanish lessons, a parenting theory seminar (so I know where the ECC principal is in part basing her practice of teaching and leading at the school), music lessons, internet-based claim submission demystification, a tax sort, vacation planning for the summer and fall, and some general mulling are also included in the plan. Ah...and photo downloading in the between times. And a little parenting...ok, the normal amount of parenting, which usually seems like a little more than a little, especially when their Dadman is super-saturated with work tasks.
Once again, the to-do list lives in fear!!!! Yeah, that's tough talk alright. Maybe I'll have to hit the gym too, and get a massage for the cricks that live in my neck, so that I'm up to it!
And now, I'll get back to enjoying this relaxed day...we spent a nice chunk in our friends' backyard, eating BBQ food for most of the afternoon. A giant glass of water (or 3!) should help with the huge helpings of meat that were offered-- I ate like a bird, with only small portions of beef (but it's the first actual serving I've had in months), and a little chicken, but it was more meat than my system has seen in ages!
I hope that everyone has the energy to make stuff happen this week! Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment