Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Crazy nausea gone. Headache...not so much gone as diminished

Today's food was smoothie, smoothie, and smoothie for snack.  I did make chicken noodle soup for dinner, with an organic chicken breast on the bone.  Why do I bother to mention this?  I've just never made chicken soup from raw chicken before...it's novel.  I had the little sous chefs on the job tonight, after their guitar lessons.

Cutting celery, and kitchen mallet smashing the rice noodles into soup sizes was great fun, and they needed to switch jobs.  Funny how the 'other's job always seems more fun.  I get it though...there was a huge knife, and a hammer...

I had a nicely balanced day, as noted on FB earlier.  Exercised, then went for my wrongly understood appointment time.  Doce y quince, which is 12:15 (dough-see-ee-keen-seh) sounded a lot like dos y quince(dough-see-keen-seh)...I guess I missed the extra, barely pronounced long E.  So, dos is two...missed it by two hours, which was sort of less funny, because I would have much rather had the 12:15 appointment, then the kids wouldn't have had to wait for me at school.  I wanted the appointment that badly though, having been unable to figure out the cause of the headaches.

As far as foods go though, I have mushrooms on the list entitled "questions!!!" but I've also realized I can add these little sesame candies I've been having.  They're like mini sesame snaps.  I can do without both, if it means not getting a headache.  I did want to try the massage to get rid of the muscle/tension possible cause-and really, it's hard to argue with an hour long massage.  She seemed to do more though, so it wasn't exactly relaxing...but I accepted, in the interest of releasing some of the back muscles that pull on the neck muscles that pull me into a headache.

And, I'm drinking a large water at the moment.  Jeff is due home momentarily...and then I can tell him all about his daughter, who prefers a brow beating to taking it on the chin.  In Buenos Aires, she spiked her brow into the corner of the nightstand...deep cut, and shiner.  Today, she closed in on her slap shot brother while he was in the thick of a Wii game.  Eyelid split, shiner developing, despite the application of ice!  And then her mother, honestly, and WRONGLY told her that the NewSkin wouldn't sting.  It was so goopy that I very carefully got some on the Qtip so it wouldn't enter her eye...none in the eye, but then it stung the cut!  I let her squeeze my finger as much as it was stinging...mostly for the distraction of it.  Nice one mom.

That's it for this day, I'm ending only slightly nauseated, and a light headache.  Here's to feeling well tomorrow! 

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment