Super hot today...I'm fried like the eggs I can't eat yet!
We toured and toured, and hopped on and off--just the ad promised, and the buses all came when we needed them; except after lunch. After lunch, the bus was far enough away that we got to see a taxi driver and all his passengers get a ticket from the Carabineros, and we chatted in Spanish with some other people, and ('k-this is the best part) we got to see a rather robust fella gettin' all Bo Derek in a fountain. For 10 minutes. Then this other guy, he was washing out some sort of bag of something...
That hot water scene was perhaps more interesting than I signed on for;) We saw all the places we wanted to see, the Plaza, the fish market, the feria-bought next to nothing, and took some really good photos. Now we're just finishing up a dinner, I'm relieving my eyes by ducking inside for a few minutes to answer the phone, and then I'm taking a little break, because there's a lot left to do tonight, dishes-wise...and we're all quite flattened out from the 33 degrees of hot sunny touring.
The kids are already in and out of the pool, showered, and jammied, so it's looking like an early night. That, or we'll play a game of Uno before the kids need tucking in. After all, it's summer break, and only a quarter to eight.
So in a wheaty world, how did I tour the city and stay ok? Started with a giant breakfast: for the family and the guests there was coffee, homemade bread with homemade jam, baked omlette with cheese and onion, and cantelope. For everyone (yep...I prep'd for myself too) there was also quinoa pudding (the same one!), fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries. The longer I eat this way, it seems the less food I require. I'm full so fast.
I think the reason I might be feeling so aware is that without the resident"angry blowfish", I'm feeling fine, then a little hungry, then I eat, and I feel satisfied quickly. With the blowfish belly I don't think I can tell the difference between indigestion, hunger, satisfaction, or overfilled. The overfilled is quite unpleasant compared to feeling ok, so there's another factor in the mix.
Today's intake also included bottles full of water (theory of hydration preventing headaches, etc...I think the headaches might have been from sub-thirsty dehydration). For lunch, we were at a giant open market seafood restaurant. I tried adding a little today: a few shrimp at lunch, and a couple slices of turkey for dinner. I'll see how that worked. The restaurant had ensalada by the plate, but a salad plate here is quite different--mine had a little lettuce, a little potato salad (none for me), beets, beans, and tomatoes (none for me). Happily, there were many people for sharing. I added a plate of avocado (lots for me) and palmitos (hearts of palm). I shared both of those plates too, but I wanted to make sure we all had some veggies to go with the enormous portions of potatoes that were served along with the fish.
The kids are cracking up their audience right now; and I'm listening from the computer. And now, I'm going to go get some more water, because it's hot at the computer...Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment