Thursday, 13 January 2011

More reading

I've been doing more reading and getting into the herbal stuff I just got from Canada...looks like I'll need the normalizing food plan for quite awhile.  I'm still slightly at odds by following one plan; because another plan says to cut out a great deal of what the first plan advocates...so the best agreement I can get between them give me a plan of eating brown rice, quinoa, loads of fresh veggies, and fruits that don't convert to sugar very quickly.  
I've added in the caproil, which is supposed to reduce the number of yeast organisms in the digestive tract; and there's a connection between the yeast's activity and a permeable, or leaking, gut wall.  Super gross for anyone who's reading to see what's new in my new city--guts, guts guts!!!  (which reminds me, Ramona and Beezus is a great family movie-- guts is the worst thing one of the characters can think to say!)  
Now that I've been at it for awhile, I'm a little dwelling for brief moments in the wish department--but OH WELL!  I'm learning what works for me and what I need to do to be healthy.  Being without a headache will be great, and getting a massage just for fun, instead of theraputic ones would be nice too.  You know, go in feeling ok, and come out feeling really relaxed; instead of going in feeling blecch, and coming out feeling less bleccch--yes it's better-but I have higher goals!
And, in pursuit of these higher goals, for dinner this evening, I am preparing roasted tenderloin with oregano, lemon, and olive oil (aside for Lori-I laughed when I had mine in the fridge, and you posted your pic:).  There's a squash squished into the oven too, along with three baking potatoes for the kids, who will likely wish to pass on the potato salad with coarse mustard dressing.  Steamed broccoli and coleslaw will round out the menu, and not round us out!  
There's a little dish of the quinoa & coconut milk left for me (thx Loralie--I bought two cans following your successes with it).  A little drizzle of Canadian maple syrup made it taste quite awesome.   In emails this morning, I realized that I don't have any cravings for sweets to speak of, which is new.  I used to want something sweet around 11 and 1 every day...
Lastly, I toured my supermarket today with fresh eyes, because our company came along--there's a lot of Spanish there, and I realize I've come a few steps down the road to being more fluent.  I declare today that I am "functional" in the most basic sense.  This is all in pursuit of functioning better in all realms.  Chao!

One more "last" aside--I often get asked how I manage without wheat, or dairy, or _____; and I think the thing I do that makes it ok for me, is that I realize I need to stay healthy, and I focus on what I can have, and I try to make it delicious and appreciate it for what it is--food!  I often chat with my kids about being appreciative--and when I do it for myself, it does a lot for my outlook...

2 comments:

  1. So, please share your quinoa & coconut milk concoction...lady at the health food store told me she also adds pineapple and calls it Pina Colada Quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooked quinoa, with a little red quinoa in there for visual variety. Depending on how coconut-y you like things, add some, then drizzle with a little, little bit of maple syrup. It's good warm, or cold; and it's also good with a few sunflower seeds (the ones I found here are coated with honey:), and it would also be good with some finely chopped dried apricots--but I'm not having those yet because they're too sweet for the Candida normalizing regime I'm on at this time--but later...you'll have to let me know if they're actually good, or if it's just pure conjecture on my part.

    ReplyDelete