For a day of the month during which I usually suffer a migraine, today was excellent. I've experienced a happy decrease in abdominal pains, taken no medications, and had very little trouble with my head!
Started with a smoothie, lunched on brown rice and lentils, had a couple of avocados for snacks, some sunflower seeds, and some pumpkin seeds, just for some crunch and dinner was more of the same brown rice and lentils...but that's ok.
I had little time for anything new today, with kids at the doctor getting diagnosed with mycoplasmic infections (yes, atypical pneumonia) like the rest of their classmates had in December, which is when it swept through the kids at school. I thought they dodged it, but she got a bit of a sniffle and a cough right at the start of the holidays. If I could teach them to be neurotic about germs, but I just can't bring myself to freak them out. Maybe I could--but they just don't freak!...about that kind of stuff.
We stopped and reloaded on the fruits, and berries, and the seeds from the Natural Foods store. There's some red quinoa that's looking good, just waiting for something yum to happen to it. There were dried apricots that didn't look as leathery as the ones in the supermarket, so I have some of those now too!
So I'll research some more recipes, and check Lori's blog to see if her recipes coincide with the stage I'm at in this elimination...and I'll remember to pop her blog on the side too! I'm better, kids are on their way to better; and now, I'd better hop on the bike after I find an episode of something to focus on while I spin. Don't worry about me...I don't spin that hard!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment