I indulged last night, as we were giving a going away party...and today, I am paying the histamine toll. Swollen and sore hands. Headache (after three not-strong drinks in 8 hours?!!). I'm crediting the food too, as I had a little bit of homemade ice cream. I'm feeling quite unsteady this morning, heart-burnt and nauseated. So while this is a blah post to write, it was very informative/affirming for me that I need to stay on top of everything food and body-related.
This calls for cartoons with the kids I think. Not for them. For me. Or it means going back to bed.
So now the breakdown...nah...never mind...I had three corn chips to try the dip someone else made...that was foolhardy because it had roasted peppers. Also, potatoes were in with the bbq'd veggies... nightshades, and the whole thing was delicious-but I'm now having digestive symptoms along with the aches - which tells me there's inflammation. Nightshades + dairy + alcohol = histamine toll is high today.
Moving is always a push-pull...in regard to the medical, I think the push is for ship-shaping up the diet in Canada, and the pull is wishing to stay and work with the allergist here a little longer. She's been great, very efficient, and I think quite knowledgeable. The endocrinologist has been super as well, finding out that I need T3 in the supplement might be life-changing. I felt so much better trying that out. The upside there though, is that the replacement medication came from Vancouver, so at least I know I can still get it.
So...with lightly throbbing hands, I continue researching the histamine conditions, to see what I can find about mast cells, and histamine release, while at the same time, trying to reduce the level of inflammation I'm feeling. Interestingly, well, sadly really, I can tell by the scale that there's more happening, as a pound or two has come back--which usually happens when the inflammation increases--and that's not fun-- my ankles have informed me of the same actually! I like the numbers lower, not only because it's more fun, but also, because I always seem to feel healthier when I'm ---ok, I can't just say lighter...I actually mean more dense...not swollen!
I will continue pursuing this no matter where we are, and I'm hopeful that once we're set up in Canada again, wherever that is, that I'll be able to find doctors who are as talented and caring.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment