Returning to my point....http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-07-24/clean-eating/56456224/1
To be healthy, I'd prefer to focus on unprocessed, rather than trying to eat "clean" because I think, as a population of people searching for optimal health, we can get a little OTT (a term that brings a little humour back into my humourless treatment of this!). I first heard my Aussie friend describe a thing as OTT, and when I asked...she laughed and said her friends use it when Moms go OverTheTop with something...To me, this "clean" eating business is more toward http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/orthorexia-nervosa than seems healthy. That's the preach in my pudding for the day...possibly even the week!
Speaking of chickens...it truly does remind me of the little girl at the water park, a quick share I've been meaning to include in a blog sometime. I was up in the shade, with the bags...and the little girl came back to the table beside us with the aunts and grandma at it...she invited them to hit the slides with her, and when they said they were happy where they were, [this is almost to the point where I turned my face to giggle more politely to myself], she points emphatically to each one, and proclaims with right hand motions, left hand on hip, and a definitive nod for each person "gallina! gallina! gallina! gallina!" Translation for those who want it--"chicken! chicken! chicken! chicken!"
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment