Saturday, 8 March 2014

Food logistics...(aka make & freeze)

We have big kids on the feed tonight...so I'm making tacos for them.  Quick share while they simmer, because I post about the challenges, I'll post about how we meet them too.

So, I can't have the tacos right now, although corn is an allowed thing, when I'm only avoiding gluten, but the other lists tell me I'm better off without it--so none for me today.

I browned up two packages of ground beef, with chopped onion.  I took out three small cooked portions to freeze, which is supposed to prevent the release of histamines in the food itself.  Normally, I'd just refrigerate the leftovers, already made into soup, or something. This adaptation, however, is meant to make all the cooking fresh that I need to do as part of the low-histamine approach to eating that I'm trying, and finding beneficial.

I took another portion to make into a soup/dish/food in a pot combination for myself.  That little pot is simmering with chopped arugula (the super green), quinoa, oregano, and I'll add lemon...this will taste good, because I've made something similar before and really enjoyed it (on the Greek restaurant post...).

So with one + a little effort, I have 2 meals done, and 3 ready to go.  The frozen meat will make a really quick lunch or dinner, and I have three waiting now.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment