There has been a lack of energy for everything but the basics these days...it's a bit of a whine fest, actually, filled with little annoyances that have been adding up to blah. I wish it were more along the lines of a wine-fest...but alas, no such luck. There have also been many, many dental appointments...I'm going to be very expensive.
The throat infection thing seems to be clearing up, I had a morning in emergency to have some anti-inflammatories-that cost me most of a day in recovery time, because I was almost knocked out. It's also a little expat story-ette...when you're the only one who knows where you are, it can be unsettling. I had a few flashbacks of feeling quite vulnerable in the hospital, so I chose to call home, and make sure that one other person knew where I was and what was happening! Having some kind of stupid reaction, and not having an emergency number on my file was an unpleasant thought...so at the dentist's office today, I added that-though there was no line for it. I've been wondering since, if the need for dental work isn't related somehow to the inflammation or histamine responses I've been experiencing. Oh, and I need the root canal redone because there's been too much time since the original.
I've had some fun times in the classroom, helping out. The kids are usually good for smile of some kind, from being told I was "transparente" to just their ways...like Middle Man now has the classroom job of "organizer" so he has to check desks, and if they're not neat, the kids have to tidy...and he says the kids today were telling him he's "too streeeeckt"--which he thought was funny. Speaking of him, he needs another couple drops of eye antibiotics to make sure the pink eye is gone...
I've been trying to put foods back in and see how I go...and it turns out, I go to the vomitorium. This means corn doesn't work well for me, nor do cheeses, nor do potatoes, really...But I'll have to cry "oh well!" and move along, without those foods for a while longer (or forever!?). At this point though, I'd love to feel good. In the hopes of doing just that, I did have some good strides today, in the gym. I felt good after yoga, and actually did two shorter workouts. I planked...and I can really feel that I did that...which feels good.
One last newsy bit, when I began, I was looking into the 'body reset' potential of The Hormone Diet...and it's been noticeably positive for me... Little changes are noticeable, likely for anyone who's had their thyroid hormones replaced with artificial ones, especially. My hair isn't really falling out anymore, my nails are not peeling and breaking, and my eyebrows are growing in more rapidly--all small things, but I take them as positive indicators.
Cheers and Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment