Lunch today is supposed to meet the requirements of healthy veggies, grains that work for me, and balance the proteins and carbs in such a way that they're supposed to supply sugar to the bloodstream nicely and slowly...so spikes, no insulin dump into the body, so no cortisol... and none of them should be too high in histamines.
There is lady in the UK with a mast-cell, gastrointestinal issues, etc... and on her website, there is a link to a Food Intolerance Group website. This group conducted a study of foods that really affect people who are sensitive to histamines. I don't know the validity of the study, or the site-but there is a list of foods, and I'll share it... Their list...use your judgement, as everyone says pay attention to your own symptoms.
Personally, there is a great deal of overlap between what I can eat and can't eat on both of these lists--so that means I need to experiment...again. But at least there's more information to work with. Beginning with lunch- I think I feel good after these foods so we'll see. Cabbage, cauliflower, dried dill, shallots, butter, and quinoa, sautéed first to taste nicer, and souped up with the bouillon cubes.
Cheers and chao.
Followup--this made me vomit. Good bye cauliflower, (in more ways that one!), and maybe I'll see you waaay down the road... Seems it could be high in histamine, and I could indeed, be sensitive. My face is itchy, my head has begun to ache, and I vomited. I've had everything else in the soup before...so I'm going to have to say cauliflower. And yuck, I also will say yuck, so, yuck
ReplyDeleteI knew booze was going to be in the evil range. Why start intolerating at 66 yrs young? Knew strawberries were bad. Glad to see onions in the not tolerated list. I am ahead of them on that one. Good info.
DeleteDad