I was doing the set of exercises I posted the other day, and my shoulders were crackling, popping, snapping, etc....and it reminded me of how much benefit I gained while I was swimming. Head to toe resistance and stretching. Noted. Swimming pools are hard to come by here--or maybe I just need to do way more research...Must find a pool. A warm one! And one that's squeakily clean-I love those... I hope my suit hasn't rotted since it fell into disuse. I'm a little concerned it might not fit any more-but it will in a few months.
The food journalling is helping me accurately pair how I've been feeling with what I've been eating and doing. I found more blueberries, so that, obviously, was very happy, as I'd feared the stores were going to stock them. (Thinking food thoughts, I've just fixed a "stalked them" typo...it's early.) I've done the stretching exercises, and there's plenty of day left to undertake some gentle cardio. Apparently, in this state, if I overdo it, I can start a cascade of stress hormones-the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve. I can safely do weights, as that is fine by my four-expert's-approach. Although today, after the shoulder sensations, I think maybe I'll add in a couple rounds of yoga too. After all, I'm in running shorts, and a quick dry shirt--what better time could there be?
The massage I signed up for a couple days ago was more spa treatment than massage, so that's a lesson learned...I never imagined I was, and now I know I am not, one for being commercially scrubbed or moisturized or wrapped in anything, especially plastic! This means my stiff neck and shoulders are still rather stiff, so I'll just try the whole thing again, back at the massage-not-spa place. I think everyone who has lived in a number of places has a fleeting wish for this from here, that from there, all in one spot--could you imagine?! For me, there are many spots in Santiago that I'd love to mix with the climate here, and people from everywhere... I do enjoy each place for what it is though... But that doesn't seem to halt quick flights of fancy where I can take the Santa Martina pool with me to each new place. Oh, and the ladies from Ananta who could disappear a headache in one session....
Reverie complete--time to get on the bike-and then make Sunday morning breakfast for the kids-
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment