I ate popcorn at the movies with the kids last night - didn't work out too well, vomited mid-"Frozen" on a bathroom break, had heartburn, a terrible sleep-after many excellent ones-and basically just longed to be done with digesting it, as I woke with a very stuffed nose and a hint of a headache. Cutest thing was that the changes I've made haven't necessarily registered with the kids yet--because they were being very grown and getting the snacks while I waited for the tickets, and thoughtfully ordered a Coke Zero for me. After learning more about what happens with the sweeteners, I couldn't even drink it-so I had a water instead and thanked them!
Several positive things have been happening with me, so I'll just list them:
- except for last night, sleep has been excellent
- waking up before the alarm, ready to go
- no more morning zombie-grunting toward the coffee machine (but it doesn't mean I don't WANT it, just that I don't need it)
- sinuses have been clearing up, more accurately, out...which could be a function of reacclimatizing to the altitude as well, going up and down the mountain was like diving to the bottom of a very deep pool. My nose was running at the top, as the pressure eased, and stuffing as we came down and the pressure increased...not grand...and not without pain...
- my hands are aching less
- my whole body is aching less
- I'm feeling more like me, and less anxious/doomed - even though I know intellectually that I'm not doomed, the feeling was there...but less so now. I've read numerous times that a sign of impending anaphylaxis is an accompanying feeling of inexplicable distress that something bad is about to happen-which I'd always thought was interesting, but hadn't really experienced. I don't get anaphylactic; but yesterday morning, I did have to take the rescue inhaler-which is usually only a 3 times per year thing--
- I think I feel less snappy, and more even keeled - the way I've been feeling has been wearing...
- I'm down nearly 5 pounds, which still seems difficult to believe, but I have no reason to believe the scale is conspiring to fool me, unless...no...probably not
- I have found that my clothes are already fitting better-
- I was wandering in the shops yesterday, to be out of the house and on my feet, instead of napping...which was necessary before and might still be-- The point, I tried things on, and felt much better than I had before-which I think is due to a lack of swelling.
- I haven't taken any ibuprofen, because I heard it's high in histamines, nor have I needed any acetaminophen, though when we arrived back here a couple of weeks ago, I had headaches so bad that I was taking a muscle-relaxing pain reliever-and it barely helped
I think those are all the changes I have noticed so far... I wonder about the kids now, who share my genetics...and think I'll be even tougher on the sugar. Their Dad's all but given up the soda, so there's hope for them!
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment