I'm feeling so much better already. The last nauseated bout I fought was last night, and I won. I remember this feeling from the last time I felt the need to try an elimination to figure out my food needs. I like it; and I'm able to focus on what's good for me, instead of what tastes might be good at the moment--as per last time, I'm satiated on far less food, and I don't feel so physically driven to seek carbs, and my hunger is less demanding. Compared to now, I'd say that my body asks politely for food, rather than rudely demanding food right now! In this new scenario, I feel more in charge, more clear headed, and less strained emotionally. To prevent presenting this as feeling like a million bucks, I'll be clear--I feel better than a hundred, maybe even a thousand; and I could, in a few weeks, feel like a million bucks again. Once I feel more muscled, and more energetic, and lighter, I know I'll feel taller and more in charge of it all...and I feel fairly sure I'll get to that state of existence again.
Home tangent:
I'm blogging while Middle Man's practicing 2 and 3 digit multiplication...he's working out loud..."four times eight...."
[pause]....repeats "four times eight"
[Quietly issuing from other room] "thirty-two..." [where the littlest miss is making braided bracelets]...
[Middle Man grins like he got away with sneaking a cookie!]
More from The Hormone Diet and Dr. Turner--with the same note as always-please don't substitute your own judgement with this-it's just to think about! I'm getting a lot out of it... It's dovetailing well with the other regimes I am investigating; I appreciate her writing and approach because she leaves room for individual differences "Through your process of of detaching and reintroducing foods, you've surely come to realize that one person's pleasure may be another's poison" (2009, p. 241). Her open-mindedness appeals to me...additionally, the Dr. D'Adamo Eat Right 4 Your Type fits with this idea. His approach is a genetic based study of blood type being a guide for healthy living, on the theory that blood types are a way of understanding how our bodies operate at the level of genetic expression determining how we respond to environment and foods. It's a little "woo-woo" but again, I have tried it out and found that most of the recommendations have me feeling better...
Getting back to Dr. Turner (2009), who writes:
Food is the essential fuel that enables our body to do all the wondrous things it can do. But beyond just providing us with energy, the specific foods we eat directly influence our physiology by communicating with our hormones. Your food choices dictate how you feel and function from one moment to the next. Simply paying attention to how you feel after eating a particular food can provide excellent clues to its hormonal effects. Feeling satisfied, focused and full of energy after eating tells you the foods you chose had a positive effect on your hormones. If on the other hand, your meal leaves you tired, foggy, bloated and craving sweet treats, then you can bet you've just eaten a hormone hampering meal. The empowering thing...is that you can enjoy beneficial changes within days or even hours of eating for hormonal balance (pp. 2410-242).
It's time for more living today...but I'll put her recommendations in tomorrow, or later tonight, hopefully after a New England Patriots victory in the semi-final leading up to the Super Bowl. On the outside, I might not seem to be a fan, but I enjoy the NFL. Might even have to go get the fan shirt on...
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment