Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Cheers to better days

So yesterday was wild.  I felt taxed (see previous post!) and was really struggling to come up with something that might promote learning and being respectful...

There was an effect, and closing off his room seems to be a big deal; which is good, because yesterday's behaviors were a big deal.  Baby steps I guess...appreciate anything positive that happens and only commenting on the major items that need to change.

Time will tell if the measures will have a long lasting effect, or if he'll just keep on challenging everything.  I'd really question my sanity and everything, really, if it weren't for the other couple of kids who are swimming along happily in this family.  I haven't met many people who are as intense as our middle man.

Continuing challenges will include helping him direct his energy into good things.  I want good things for him, I want him to be able to be in a room without needing to own it.

I'm feeling very challenged these days, so I am going to go swim and try to whip up some energy that way...because if the days continue like this, I'll need it!

Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment