Admittedly, not really words...but they are indeed good indicators as to how I'm been feeling. The hill top fires I mentioned a couple days ago are still burning. So I'm clearing my throat like a cigar smokin' old fella.
I have some more energy today, which is good. The last while I've felt drained. I've increased the protein a bit to see if that helps; but I could be off base--it could just be that weeks of poor sleeps have caught up with me. Jeff gets back soon, and I hope he's rid himself of his awful nighttime cough--he's a bit noisy that one!
The kids have been alright, but there's a sleeper in the next room, with a virus and a slight fever, but I'm sure he'll be alright by tomorrow. I've booked all their allergy appointments, I think...still waiting on the confirmation. Once we get to the dentist here that should free up some holiday time during our visit home.
I've a little stack of paper work to deal with, but at the moment, I prefer to reflect...dinners and lunches have been easy this week. I had lentils over the weekend, and finished those up, finished up the rice, finished the quinoa-so it's time for some new batches. I made chicken soup again yesterday, hoping a liquidy supper would help everyone clear out the junk we're pulling out of the air we're breathing.
School pick up will be simple today, and we can get straight back home without having to wait for the Middle school to dimiss. Unfortunately, he's looking like he'll be home all day. It's easier for him to catch up, thanks to all his teachers' operating Wiki spaces for their classes. His math is an online text as well...couldn't really be more straightforward for that one! The others might take a bit more work...but he's good at catching up-and for today, it seems to beat actually dragging himself around from class to class.
I believe that's the happenings--no wait, one more...I think my face is clearing up after yesterday's allergy moments. There could be gluten in cola...I'm checking on that today. The caramel colour could be derived from grain? The syrup I took yesterday really knocked me out-I could hardly make it up the stairs once it hit. The littles took good care of themselves while I (nearly) passed out on the sofa up here. I could hear the Wii through the fog in my head...very far away...and very unusual for a school day--hardly ever on a school day in fact!
There have been many requests for playtimes with friends, so perhaps today is the day...at someone else's house--away from the virus we're taming here.
Chao! Hope everyone has an extra bit of 'spring' in their steps today.
No comments:
Post a Comment