Sunday, 10 April 2011

What's a good title, I know...oi vey, what a day

It's two days later and I'm still getting over Friday.  The replacement car is in the driveway, the other car is getting fixed (and hopefully tuned up).  I'm hoping it doesn't take long.  The kids are on top of each other in there thanks to the enormous booster seat.  They were directed last night to "find their kind ways of speaking to each other!!!!!"  NOW.


Jeff's home, with his day flipped into night after his time in Aus, and other spots.  He actually used an Air Canada Around the World ticket because it was more sensible than using directs with other airlines.  And, to the delight of the kids, he brought himself back and some Mini-Wheats (by multiple request) and some Goldfish - just because he knows those are a hit.  And he brought back maple syrup (whose price has increased greatly...something about the Asian market demand!)  Good time to start a Maple Tree farm and 'tap' into the market?!! 


I'm ruminating over the state of my middle man's classroom...therefore I'm up early, with the whirling thoughts that I've sat in the chair to pin down, via email to self, (to manage the difference between Pages and Word.)  He's doing better now, but I still have more follow up.  Honesty, diplomacy, and positivity are my goals.  That, and a good chat with the counsellor about next year's class should help.  Overall, the kids are doing well, and over the span of their whole schooling, it's all fine-but there are certainly a few details that need attending.  That's my mom job I guess...advocate and keep it in perspective!


I think today is a roasted chicken day...because of the way my throat is feeling.  There are loads of veggies in the fridge, and they're get served for dinner, and tossed into the soup when the stock is ready.  I have some rice noodles that worked well last time, so I'll get those in there too.  That's dinner, but breakfast will be pancakes...with the maple syrup, of course!


The kids are snowballing on Wii, so I think I'll go throw a few and see what I can do...right after that email to self...so my brain can stop spinning.


Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment