Thursday, 14 April 2011

The kids picked limes from the yard, and I made dinner

We had brown rice in veggie broth, peas, carrot sticks, and trout with the limes, maple and chilies.  I love how the fish carmelizes with the syrup--suits my sweet tooth.  The "recipe" is so easy that it only requires squeezing lime over fish, sprinkling with chili flakes, and drizzling with maple syrup (*on parchment paper-unless you want new cookie sheets). The rest of the day, I didn't really do meals...I had a bit of quinoa for breakfast, and a little bag of gluten and corn-free rice-pear cookies with a decaf. coffee.  Although it was decaf, it really tasted good.  I might be once in a while with the coffee...but maybe not.  

Because of my cold, I've been taking the Advil Cold, Sinus, Allergy pills, so without those, I might have gotten a headache-but I sure enjoyed that coffee.  I think I need to stretch better after biking, because I think it might tweak my neck-which isn't good for head.  Speaking of headaches, the kids are practicing their guitars...they're in that not-quite-music-yet phase of enjoying whatever sound comes out of the guitar.  It's wonderful, and necessary, and not quite music yet...but they're into it, so I'm enjoying that part of it!

Can I still be a good mom if I don't love every note that they create?  And, can I still be a good mom if I secretly recycle the art that they're not in love with anymore?  I think so, at least with the paper thing, I'm doing something good for the environment.  Now there's a weird noise coming from outside--definitely not music.  Someone's car is angry...and surprisingly nasal for an auto.

Now that I've listened longer, I can hear rhythm.  Step one is complete. "I've got rhythm, I've got music...who could ask for anything more?!!" 'n all that.

I'm a little cooked from the day's activities; but enjoying all that I got done.  This morning was dedicated to the kitchen and clearing out the fruit bowl; I already did a quick review on Facebook, but here's the update.  After the muffins, the cookies, the cake, and the pasta sauce (for the family, not for me--but did I enjoy the aroma!) I made jam, with accidentally no sugar--pucker up!  I saved it with stevia, so now it's GI is so low...yeah, I know, that jar might be just for me.  I couldn't resist the berries at the market though, they were glorious, and nicely packaged in a one kilo box.  The kids scooped the rest as dessert.

The kids are near loopy with class pet activity.  One has a new guinea pig (who we get to host for the weekend), the other's hamster (who we hosted for the 2 month break) has an infection, and could we please, as a class, if we wanted to, send in a little cash for the vet, and supplies for the critter?  It's nearing bedtime for my small fry, so we have to get ourselves organized for tomorrow.  I'd better get that donation into an envelope--and there are requests for two shoeboxes, and pizza Friday money, and ...I think that's it.  But wait, there in his backpack, lies the recently found, previously missing Spanish page-which was the reason he couldn't write anything today.  Sometimes...

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment