Monday, 11 April 2011

Blogging is fun...

Some mystery person is reading it in Argentina...that's cool.  That kind of distance used to take decades to overcome, if it ever happened at all.  For example, my Mom's cousins found our family in Canada...and now they keep in touch with emails, etc... My Grandpa's two brothers left England long before he did, and one of them came here to South America, and there are cousins down here for longer than my family was in Canada!

Leaving one country for another used to be the choice of a lifetime, and usually meant saying a permanent goodbye.  The choice to come here was a pivotal point-and we have had to deal with separation, but not a permanent departure from Canada!  We've already been back once and had friends and family down to visit, and we're able to keep in touch.  The challenge is finding a synchronized time for the instant communications...The ultimate was having Jeff in Aus, on the reverse schedule.  "Have a good night/day?!"

I feel wrung out today, because I'm slogging around with a cold.  I sat down this morning, then laid down, then it was a quarter to one...somehow, I lost a little time.  Maybe it's the cold, maybe it's the medication...either way, I'm huddled with a blanket for the majority of the day.  Lots of tea, that's my solution.

There's chicken, roasted potatoes, and roasted squash for dinner tonight, so I'm going to go get that onto the table for an early dinner, because I'm making the soup I was going to make yesterday (but I just didn't get to the store).  I hope the chicken tastes good--I got fresh herbs for it, and it's in the magic self-basting pot, so I have high hopes that there's enough flavour to blast through the taste blahs that come with colds.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment