Seems I might have found another food...I made mango pear salsa, and have been enjoying it in teeny portions; but last night, I had it with fish, so I had more than normal. I might have a sensitivity to sulphite, because there were some dried fruits in it; but, it's more likely that it was the mango itself.
After concocting a mix-in-palm bit of creme for my face, containing hydrocortisone, anti-fungal, and an antibiotic to heal the rash (which came with blisters, just for loveliness) I actually had the blisters healed up, no new ones, and the redness was dying down. "There." I thought, that's done the trick and I gave credit to my days of healing rashy little baby bottoms...
Then, I had the chutney, and not too long afterwards, I started itching, just below my collarbones...thought it was my hair tickling. I brushed my hair away, then realized it was actual itch. It spread, and got worse, so I took Benadryl. Then, two new hives-I think!- popped up on my face, and the red zone heated up again...more Benadryl this morning, and a little creme last night, and I'll have to go back to the mixed-up creme blend.
Today's breakfast so far, has been a soothing lineup of frozen juice bars, because I feel dry and yucky. I'm beginning to feel hungry- which is fine and easy to fix with our fridge full of foods to choose from. I'm feeling brown rice, or quinoa-ish. I think, in addition to popsicles, I will have some hot stuff today too--maybe even make some chicken soup for dinner. The last batch went over so well it was better than the dinner.
AND, I have left-over shopping bliss to share. My jeans are unwearably large, so after Jeff went to work yesterday to sort out his computer needs, I flew solo through the mall, sniffing around to execute my plan of getting jeans. Long enough, dark enough, with a wide enough leg that they create a nice straight line--my goal. The end result, after about 25 pairs, was two pairs. Lots fit. The smaller ones fit too...
I tried on other things too, and to my delight, everything is fitting better. I'm down about two sizes, and nearer to my most fit weight yet- the happy weight of about 7 years ago. Did I find any sweaters? Yes. Half-price tees? Yes. A new array of bras? Yes, I sure did. The clothes are hanging more nicely, I feel good in them, and I can see the change in my shape. Because the change is noticeable, I have a growing pile of clothes that don't work with my newer shape. I'm pulling from my closet and keeping only the ones that still work.
Because I'm more compact, everything is fitting better, so I have that many more pieces that work in a fitting room. I can leave lots of clothes that fit behind, and choose based on what I prefer-even going so far as to know that there's likely a more flattering one somewhere else--the fact that it fits is much less rare! I am really enjoying that there are more options-yet, in my optimism, I'm trying to be minimal, so that when I level out at a lower size, I'll not have to get rid of the new stuff!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment