We need to leave for swimming lessons in a little while-and I think I'm just going to leave the kitchen rather tidy, and not mess it up with a bake at this time. I'm feeling really tired today; the culprit? My new shoes. My toes are sore, to I'm going to get into the pool while the kids have their lessons; but last Saturday, it was really busy, so I'm taking my workout gear too...even though my favourite is in the pool.
I did swim last Saturday too; but this guy picked my lane to crowd into--of the four that were being occupied by swimmers who weren't in lessons. Grr. I feel like a total grouch-but I hate, hate, hate! sharing my lane. I feel all pressured to keep pace, then when I'm ready to go, I have to wait, then I'm in his way, he's in my way, etc...and further grouching.
I much prefer the pool on the emptyish side; then I can go according to my heartrate and breathing, and stretch whenever my neck feels like I've crunched it up a bit. And, plus, I do a length based on what needs the next resistance/stretch...and when I'm doing back crawl, or elementary back, I have a hard time focusing on the quality of the motion when I'm afraid I'm going to crack skulls with a stranger. And I pretty much take up the whole lane with both arms outstretched trying not to wack my hands onto the lane markers...the pool's only deficiency is the roof lines curve...irrelevant for front crawl, but deceptive for any back strokes.
How's that for a stink attitude?!! I just need the whole lane is all. What can I compare it too? Sharing a weight bench with a stranger? A shower stall? A fitness class when someone sets up right in front of you? Yep! That's closest...trying to do yoga in a crowded room, and the person who comes later sets up right between me and the wall, in what's not truly a full spot (lane!!!).
And how can I possibly practice the butterfly when I have to be on the lookout? Can't. There, I'm done complaining. Perhaps I'll take action and get in the pool a few minutes before the kids' lessons start...so that I get a head start and if I feel crowded I can get out with a few more lengths completed. OR, maybe that guy's thinking the same thing! If I choose optimism, maybe he'll switch to Sunday! Anyway, there's lots I can do there for fitness. Maybe if I go to the gym that trainer will be there (the one who have very little need for personal space), and he can help me with my neck like he did last time. Or perhaps I can convince Jeff to help me stretch it by lifting me out of the pool by my head--that's good traction.
I much prefer the pool on the emptyish side; then I can go according to my heartrate and breathing, and stretch whenever my neck feels like I've crunched it up a bit. And, plus, I do a length based on what needs the next resistance/stretch...and when I'm doing back crawl, or elementary back, I have a hard time focusing on the quality of the motion when I'm afraid I'm going to crack skulls with a stranger. And I pretty much take up the whole lane with both arms outstretched trying not to wack my hands onto the lane markers...the pool's only deficiency is the roof lines curve...irrelevant for front crawl, but deceptive for any back strokes.
How's that for a stink attitude?!! I just need the whole lane is all. What can I compare it too? Sharing a weight bench with a stranger? A shower stall? A fitness class when someone sets up right in front of you? Yep! That's closest...trying to do yoga in a crowded room, and the person who comes later sets up right between me and the wall, in what's not truly a full spot (lane!!!).
And how can I possibly practice the butterfly when I have to be on the lookout? Can't. There, I'm done complaining. Perhaps I'll take action and get in the pool a few minutes before the kids' lessons start...so that I get a head start and if I feel crowded I can get out with a few more lengths completed. OR, maybe that guy's thinking the same thing! If I choose optimism, maybe he'll switch to Sunday! Anyway, there's lots I can do there for fitness. Maybe if I go to the gym that trainer will be there (the one who have very little need for personal space), and he can help me with my neck like he did last time. Or perhaps I can convince Jeff to help me stretch it by lifting me out of the pool by my head--that's good traction.
I don't really have food on my mind today--yesterday I was in denial about coffee and soy and gave it another shot. Just a little one though; didn't finish it, heartburn, etc...so today I have already had tea. I'm trying so hard to adapt; but I really miss the coffee. It was so satisfying and rich and creamy and substantial and sweet and bitter and I'm not afraid to say it: ritualized. Tea is a thin watery substitute- which I apparently need...
What was especially nice about yesterday's surprise birthday for a friend here was that it was catered, and there was sushi! Compatible, delicious sushi... (masago-not allergic, nori-not allergic, rice-not allergic, palta-not allergic, ginger-not allergic)--an unexpected treat for me. I went thinking I'd have water, and maybe a piece of fruit. Additionally, I tried my first ceviche here--salmon (basically cured in lemon, so not cooked, but not raw either) with nice, sharply flavoured lemon and onions in the broth. I've previously kept my born-and-raised-in-Canada-gut away from raw meat, fish, and seafood; but the salmon was so altered that I figured it would be fine, and happily, I think it was.
Garbanzo/potato rash seems to be calming, but not totally...this is part of the reason I thought I'd try the soy latte again...because I was already rash-y. The soy did seem to bother it a bit, and I had a dull headache from the start of waking up. I also had a little popcorn, same logic, so the next few days will have no experiments in them. Then I'll have to try potatoes on their own, again...and really nail it down. I'm two and half months into the elimination, so what's another few months to really figure the foods out?!! I think it's worth it--and if not, I've been able to drop a little more weight, so it's all win, win, win... in the long run.
Chao!
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment