So I'm funky. There. That's it. I've said it. I feel funky.
What to do about it? I'm choosing busy, and active, and more healthy foods, because I figure if I'm feeling funky with the healthy foods, how would I do without them?!! I'm also taking more time to pursue my stuff. And, like when we were in Yellowknife, and I wasn't overjoyed with being so far from so many of my family and friends--I did my best to stay in touch with the people who weren't around, and to enjoy the company of the friends who were...
Far removed in the South feels just as far removed as being in the North did. Here's what I wonder though...how can I have cabin fever in the middle of summer??? I'm truly ready for a trip back to Canada. I miss the people (old news) but I miss the rest of it too: the air, the ease of operating in my first language, pants and shirts with legs and arms that are long enough for me. Now the purpose in saying all this is to get it out, and get on with enjoying what we have going here!
Successfully got the camper off for his week in the remote south (which has been an exercise in managing mom-stress induced by not being in charge of the food, therefore unable to check for nuts). With a deep breath and the following playing on repeat, I'm working very very hard to stay relaxed about it...."he has the snacks for when the foods are suspect, the epipens, the people in charge know and understand his allergy, and he's responsible," Then I immediately jump to the difference in language--new mental loop- "His med form is in English and Spanish, his photo is with the instructions, they have our numbers..." So that's on a lather, rinse, repeat in my head!
Successfully got the camper off for his week in the remote south (which has been an exercise in managing mom-stress induced by not being in charge of the food, therefore unable to check for nuts). With a deep breath and the following playing on repeat, I'm working very very hard to stay relaxed about it...."he has the snacks for when the foods are suspect, the epipens, the people in charge know and understand his allergy, and he's responsible," Then I immediately jump to the difference in language--new mental loop- "His med form is in English and Spanish, his photo is with the instructions, they have our numbers..." So that's on a lather, rinse, repeat in my head!
That 45 mins of mid-cardiac zone on the bike might not be enough.
To compound the stress, while I sent him off with a hug and a "have fun!" his brother and sister were soooo sad. So there were tears all the way into class this morning, and requests to come and get them. *Sigh* How long do we adjust anyway?
I'm going to do something creative now, and enjoy the day without having our housekeeper buzzing about. I've already zapped the kitchen--it's been spiffed, mopped and dried and my lunch of lentils is already done. So there, I'm on it. And I'll drink lots of water so there's enough liquid for all these "calming" thoughts to slosh around in my mind without giving me a headache.
Chao!
Maybe this approach is all wrong...shall I shop instead? I jest. I'm really getting at it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment