Wednesday, 9 March 2011

We ate like grizzly bears!

For dinner, we had fish, and for dessert, blueberries...that's the grizzly tale of our meal.

In the health department, today was another gut twister; but I managed to, so far, keep the threatening headache at bay with water.  I might cave soon and get the advil out.

I'm still experiencing a bit of yesterday's "Don't do that again!" gutache.  I was feeling reckless and had some popcorn, even though 4 days hadn't yet passed since the last time, and I'm paying the price.  Reddened areas, bit itchy, headache, etc... but, I'll consider myself duly informed and move on.  Now, I have to try beans again, once I'm feeling grand again.  Speaking of grand, lost a little more weight, that's always a grand feeling for me.

There's also a little concoction in the Thermomix, but I'm skeptical.  It's broccoli with lentils, with the usual shallots and garlic start in olive oil.  I thought I'd try it with a bit of green curry paste, and if I react, I'll reconsider the potatoes, because they're in the same family as the peppers in the curry paste.

And now, the funny bit--I'm sitting with the overly black eyes of a badly-acted-teen-movie girl who's just completed a huge cry because of some thing that devastated her just before the close-up.  Did either child inform me???? Why no,... no they didn't... Fully 45 mins after adding the shallots, I glanced into the bathroom mirror after I finished washing my hands to see my poorly mopped-up weepers.  It made me laugh.

That's about all there is for today, unless you count homework, baths, bedtime stories and dinner with Jeff if he makes it home in time to fry his fish....

Chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment