Tuesday, 8 March 2011

If these guts could talk...

A voice for my guts....well,  I think they would complain a lot.  They would yell at me for trying new foods, and demand that I bring back the old ones that work!  I would have to explain that I'm working in their best interest...they wouldn't understand me though, and they'd fight back with middle of the night pains because they felt misunderstood.  I'd have to calm them with smoothies again...then they'd apologize for bothering me, and ask me to forgive them.  So then I would, and there would be peace until our next fight...then they'd threaten the rest of my system with an intense allergic response, and they'd whisper to my face that if I did that again, it would only be worse--and that it was my fault, not theirs, all they do is just try to deal with whatever I throw at them, and make excuses like that, and so on...

For example, if they were speaking today, they'd go on at length about chick peas, and throw a couple of jabs at me when I was trying to speak Spanish.  Then they'd get all confused and remember how they felt with potatoes, and then they'd be embarrassed because they couldn't tell who was causing the problem, and they'd take the day to calm themselves.  Then they'd wait...to see what I was going to do next.

What, if anything, can I tell them...be patient, we'll know more soon?  Can I remind them how they used to be better at staying calm?  Can I be gentle with them?  I'll just wait for them to calm down, and then I'll talk nicely to them with rice.

Chao!







No comments:

Post a Comment