Sunday, 20 March 2011

And...typing is hard after upper body weights...

Wish I were kidding!  Alas, I am feeling the quick round of free weights I did yesterday.  I have the kids in swimming lessons, and their Saturday lesson is at 10; which is fine, except for the fact that I can't get in the pool because it's filled with the swim club.  Well then, I decided I would use the gym instead, since I was there anyway:)  I did that yesterday, but only briefly-because I had the middle man sitting out because he was so ornery and grouched too much about his "boring lesson" so he lost it. 

I had to do my best to make sure that the sitting out was more boring than the boring lesson, so it was a very stripped down wait without snacks, or running about playing, etc...He is such a persistent kid that 100 "no's" can be undone with one "yes"...and then he's renewed his efforts like he's never even heard the word.  He tallies his results without any effort whatsoever, and is more than fine with trying again, even after 99 of the same responses...is that optimism, or persistence, or just a really strong desire to have things go his way???  I keep telling myself, it will serve him well in the long run--as long as we can convince him to use it for his own (or , better still-- the greater) good.  The thing is, it takes more than a little parent energy.  A lot more.  I need to workout to stay alert!

Today, we're looking forward to a sunny BBQ with work friends, and their daughter and four grandkids from California.  Hopefully the cover on the pool held the heat in overnight-because the nights are really chilly now...so chilly that the bedrooms are cooled off by 10.  So, here's hoping!

I'm thinking that build your own pizzas would be good for the kids, and something really nicely grilled would work for the adults' menus.  I'm going to wait and see what suits at the market this morning...maybe pork tenderloin, maybe I'll try the rolled chicken with bacon...I'm in a maybe mood.

There's also the matter of the three trials for the upcoming science fair, so my grocery list involves the hardware store with all three shoppers along.  Three different wires, a meter, and some kind of board, and nails... I should reconsider the whole coffee thing.

That's about all that's rolling through my mind; I'm still doing lots with pictures and loving that I don't have to put it away.  I found my organizer, so they're all grouped and waiting.  It sounds like a little thing, but it's reassuring to know that they're not going to get "helped" into one giant stack by our housekeeper.  I have to be more thorough in my storage, or the things get lost! 

I had a little laugh yesterday...the pictures of Jeff's grandparents are so thick and aged that they won't lie flat, so they're just in the pocket, all protected, and I need to get in touch with his aunt to add some more info... Jeff has very few photos from his childhood, which is what originally got me taking so many of our kids, then I got interested in taking better photos, and eventually, that got me into the class, and now I enjoy it even more.  I think the design chat we did in class has helped my composition, and putting the pages together now is a lot faster, and easier, and more creative.  I have so many to do, that I've been able to abandon the fruitless search for perfection and I can find pleasing layouts more rapidly.  I might have noted this before, but once I'm done with the prints I have, I think I'm going digital for the travel, and paper for the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment