So that's what I did...after the new housekeeper left today, I whipped together a batch of what I think I'll need to call the "Pantry" cookies, or maybe the "everythink" cookies; because I did put in everything from the pantry that I could think of...they worked nicely, and included substitutions like oil for part of the butter, a couple of mini bananas for moisture, oatmeal, honey corn flakes, puffed rice cereal, multigrain flour, cinnamon, and a little girl's idea to sprinkle the tops with sugar, to make them sparkle.
What else am I thinking? Well, this move has provided the opportunity to travel that we hoped it might, so I'm thinking about that...summer/winter travel to Canada, and perhaps (shhhhh!) we might take in Disneyworld with the kids if the world cup is something to do another time. We thought tickets were continuing to sell, and checked back--but nowhere did we notice that they were closing the sale last week! That, combined with waiting to hear about airfare took us past that deadline and the rather expensive tickets are nearly twice what they would have been last week. Ummm....grrrr. So maybe that's not the trip it should be?!! Oh well.
It was lovely having new help here today, and the house is shaping up really well. I still feel very sad that our first housekeeper didn't work out; on the other hand, the new lady seems fantastic. I'm keeping in mind that it's early days...but still, I'm encouraged...and now I can get back to the other stuff I'm doing. The other thinking is that it might be time to get some more education...or some international teaching experience...or maybe just highlights! (Joking...I can totally handle this stuff and highlights.)
As for thinking, that includes tomorrow's U2 experience. Excited. Quite excited. I can't recall the most recent concert I've been to...now I do--the Christmas Orchestra Experience in Vancouver. I believe this will differ...
I spent parts of the day enjoying the final phase of the giant hive exploding on my face--gets worse before it gets better I guess, including the awesome itch. I still need to try get to the bike today, before it's not an option any longer. Kids heading to bed after a nice dinner of fish, brown rice, broccoli and peas. We squeezed over some lime from the tree in the yard-a novelty the kids enjoyed.
It's nearly time to visit Harry at Hogwarts...I'm feeling close to him after all the questions I fielded today about the entire series. Why do you think Voldemort was afraid of Harry? Why do you think Snape helped Harry? Why do you think Snape didn't like Harry? Why do you think Snape didn't like James? Do you think Snape wanted to marry Lily? Why do you think Hagrid loved Harry even though he wasn't his family? It's like being in a bookclub all.the.time. I rather enjoy how captivated they are...
I need to figure out what's up with the kiddo who's vomiting after meals while appearing fine in the interim...aside from the fantastic burbs he's discovered he can create. It's impressively disgusting, really. And funny, because he's so proud-- serious face--but laughing on the inside is what happens to me! So hopefully he won't miss another day of school, with the vomiting/no fever/ no lethargy whatever it is that he has. I want to get to the school tomorrow for their presentation (especially because Michelle Obama might attend, which is a unique opportunity...)
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment