I wrongly assumed it was me and dismissed it immediately as my head being sore, and me being slightly altered/chilled, with a sore throat--I just assumed my balance was off. Then Jeff asked from the living room if I felt it...so it wasn't me after all.
I've been contenting myself with playing with all my photos--the paper ones that need to go in albums, not the few thousand that I have digital copies of...I'm having lots of fun going through them, kids who are much bigger now...I like going back in my memories and recalling how they all hugged on when they were babies, how they each had their own set of quirks and manners of communicating.
I skipped all my responsibilities today, and napped downstairs with the tv on, so that I wouldn't get startled awake by our housekeeper's activities. She brought me tea because I was sick:) I didn't have to haul myself off the couch until it was time to get the kids, and organize dinner. Nice.
I also napped at the kids' swimming lessons...good thing I feel comfortable enough there to nap on a pool chair?! The lessons felt like 10 mins instead of 45. Yes, I definitely have a bug aboard. I've popped a couple pills for the headache, and I think they cured the chills too. Heading to the couch again, but I wanted to stop at the computer for a bit, and see what's happening in the elife. I'm downloading House. (He's up to his old tricks, that self-indulgent doctor--but it's fun to watch).
Oh, forgot dinner, today's food was boring until then...because I felt ill. But dinner, that was good, and the kids liked it. Turkey, sliced open, rolled with fresh herbs, roasted in the favourite cast iron enamel dutch oven, and served with gravy. Roasted potatoes, pepper-cucumber salad, and carrot sticks to go with, and for dessert, I made cookies. Don't really know what possessed me...perhaps I was all rested up from the napping? Anyway, the first pan was square, because I had to cut them all apart they spread so much, the rest--I dropped, and they were great. At least, that's what the kids said-they were cookies after all, with butter, crushed cereal (no oatmeal on hand) and chocolate chips, so I believe them.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment