Thursday, 17 February 2011

I'll be over before you know it said the day to me

And whoosh...it did as promised.

I started by running into a friend and we decided to have breakfast and a chat before groceries.  It was a nice and unexpectedly social start to my day.  Her son is fluent, and a native speaker of Spanish I think, so it was fun to see how much of what he said made sense to me.

Followed up with groceries, directly into Spanish lessons at home, then a little nap--because 6:10 felt every bit as early as it did yesterday.  Every bit.... Went for lunch with my friend, had sushi, and decided to be wild and have the sushi roll that is made with a touch of cream cheese.  I guess maybe it's only wild in the context of what I have been eating...but that was something because the melon I had didn't sit really well, so I guess I just piled it on today.

I should be able to have a little, little bit of dairy-because I don't think it bothered me before...wait--Have I written that in the past?  Yeah, I think I did, right before I wrote, "I think I need to go back to none of either-and then figure out which was the rotter for me"!  Slowly, I'll learn.

After school, i washed up all the jars I bought for jam, and made a strawberry batch.  They're very tiny batches, but that's nice for variety, because when it's gone, I just make a new kind.  When I have the jam sugar with pectin in the pantry, all I need is 500 grams of lovely fruit to make 2 one-cup jars.  The kids approve of this process.  I like that there are no preservatives (other than the fridge!).

For dinner, I made a giant trout filet on the BBQ, along with gnocchi for the rest, and broccoli, and the chicken that I didn't use up in the soup yesterday.  Still doesn't take as much to set of the "enough" signals as it did before... and I recalled this morning in my lesson, when I was a touch green from the melon, that I haven't gotten shaky with hunger since I switched it all up.  A good thing indeed, because with great shakiness came a fair helping of low-blood sugar angst and absence of patience.

The kids each had a friend over--big friends tomorrow--and I had a nice chat and photo share with their mom when she picked them up.  The kids were so exhausted, or "exhausting" according to my littlest bird--and she's right sometimes *wink* they can tire a mom out...They were glad for the company and so was I.  While they were busy, I hopped on the bike, spun off some stress, and had a phone chat with my good friend in Yellowknife too!  I could say old friend, but only because it's her birthday.

Story time calls...and we're doing a kid read of Harry Potter.  Chao!





1 comment:

  1. From Auntie M -

    Sounds like a very full day. Glad the kids have some good friends, that's important even if the mom is 'exhausted'.

    Sure hope your food intake gets straightened out soon - seems pretty difficult to figure out. You're a real trouper.

    Chao~

    ReplyDelete