Friday, 18 February 2011

Fish fry Friday!

The big plan for the day is to cook; groceries are already in, menu's laid out:
Munchies and carrot sticks
Pan-fried tilapia with dill
BBQ potatoes and carrots
Green salad
Coleslaw
And I'll make some garlic-parmesan biscuits to round it out
Dessert will be carmelized bananas with ice cream and chocolate sauce...I don't anticipate any protests from the kids.

The best ingredient should be the patio and yard-bought some new candle lanterns so we should be able to sit out for quite a while.  I envision the kids enjoying a right proper flop after the first few days back at school...so I have movies ready, for the bigs and the littles, and they can have both tvs.  And I think we'll just stay in the yard!

I need to get cooking before it's really hot, get the stuff ready, and if I have time, do a little more with my photos.  Can't do any more taxes until I get my bundle in the mail, so that's not a pressing task any more.  If I tidy up a few more ends, then my head will be nice and empty--no wait, I don't mean empty, I mean, open, or at ease--just, ready! for the next things.

After biking a little yesterday, I felt lots better; it seems possible that I need activity every day...which my grade 8 self would never have believed!  Good thing I have a nice spin bike to ride in the bedroom...forgot to ask Jeff to relocate it back to its pre-visitors home upstairs.  It's a squidge too heavy for me to pop on my shoulder and haul up and around the stairs.

At it I will get now!  Chao!















No comments:

Post a Comment