Saturday, 31 May 2014

Nearly gone...Saying goodbye to the house and the nighttime creatures :(

For everyone who has moved, this is so familiar, and it's exciting and there's loads to do, and there are the flurry days, with movers flying around the house...and almost every thought starts with "ohyeah...must remember to_______" and then the variety starts.  Remember to cancel utilities, cancel insurance but not too soon because who really knows when the mover's insurance takes over, etc....  (I am kidding...I actually know that it's when they take the goods onto the truck-I'm just being funny like that).  I wish I wasn't joking when I added another bagful of goods for the next two weeks in the hotel...I packed the bags lighter though, knowing that I'd come across a few things that were better to use up in the hotel than pack.  Hope it all crushes in nicely.

So, here's where we were yesterday...almost all boxed up.  Today, the rest of the goods were packed, I patched nail holes, got lots of practice with Spanish numbers, and around 11am, felt reassured that yes, we would be able to vacate today!  The sight below is so familiar, but here, they are very liberal with the shrink wrap--because the humidity is so fierce... and thinking ahead like I do from time to time--I'm thinking...ugggh...I'm going to have to call the got junk guys to take all the wrap away, or say yes to the people unwrapping everything into utter chaos and taking away all the packing material.  I do like to settle in quickly-so the unpacking is great, but also...I'm fond of surface to work on!  They were careful with our things, which I appreciate, because the shipment is not likely to mould this way...
 So, in pictures, here's how we feel about moving: sometimes like this
 But it can make a person
 Or feel like this...
 Or  feel like this...
 We have to be strong...
 The process isn't always clear...
 But somehow, it ends here...
That's my story... 
Cheers and chao

PS-looking forward to the memory foam we're carting back with us--it's apparently done wonders for the bed in the hotel!


No comments:

Post a Comment