I'm not affiliated with 3M, but they receive a lot of my love when it comes to moving in and moving out. Not literally, but I think maybe on days like this, they feel extra-special, even if they don't know why.
Here's the love: picture hanging strips, and all the hooks that hold strong and come off cleanly. It's like I never had anything on the walls at all, unless you count the dusty rectangles where the pictures were, but those wash right off.
Another freebie--when frames muck about and bruise the paint with grey-black marks, no amount of liquid gets it clean, but the tiniest bit of white toothpaste does. I can only recommend this for walls that are painted white, because I just don't know what might happen on a coloured paint...I'll try it, I'm sure of that, but I have no evidence that it wouldn't pull colour, so I don't like to say it works without knowing for sure!
Also, as a frequent mover, I can recommend that if you have a fireplace mantel, and want something huge there...just lean it, and use a bump of putty to inconspicuously hold it in place...unless you play ball in the house, and if you do- tap that baby into the wall.
Any time you must use a nail, there's a nice way to get it out without having the hammer damage the paint with colour or a dent...use a paper napkin above the nail, position the hammer, handle up toward your face, claws opening downward, and then when you pull the nail, it follows its path, without pulling extra chips out of the wall. To repair the holes, use the same napkin, over the hole, and gently tap the surface back together. Less to fill...that's good.
That's all for now, it's just a little post because people comment on the tricks that you develop along the way and have asked me about them--these are the ones I'm thinking of today...because now, all of our pictures are stacked against the wall...
Cheers and chao- off to the store to get filling putty
No comments:
Post a Comment