Maybe I can take a lesson from the kids and just ditch all this business?!
A very short post today, to help balance out the 'long' feeling of the day. Here, we have access to a great allergist, so I wanted to take the kids there an figure out as much as we could. It goes along with the endoscopy, and years of reading labels 'like a boss' as Middle Man would say.
Perhaps, and this will be confirmed tomorrow, with blood tests--perhaps, we might not have to be quite so vigilant!
THIS IS HUGE!
"May contain"
"Produced in a factory that also processes..."
"Puede contenir..."
"Procesan en equipo que procesan..."
I am over the moon about the prospect of not having to be so vigilant...
Cheers and Chao!
Update: the blood test showed "non-allergic" levels, and now we have to be at the Doc's office, at the hospital for 6 hours while they eat bags of peanuts. I have to breathe deeply about that prospect, after working so hard for years to make sure there weren't any nuts, or even "maybe nuts" getting past them... The doctor has used the phrase "reactions are extremely rare" with the results they've gotten. On the upside, super two for one... Once this is done, (assuming they aren't the rare ones who will react even with these results!) we plan to celebrate with ice cream, as one kiddo has long, almost lost, memories of getting a scoop of ice cream, and the other has never been able to stand in front and pick a flavour because they're all "may contain nuts" because of the processes. I am optimistic that food freedom awaits!
No comments:
Post a Comment