Sunday, 17 November 2013

Typical Sunday morning-- ants in the coffee.

I felt like coffee this morning, because, well, who doesn't after waking to an avian armageddon?!!  Three pairs of these, and one more off in the distance.  The closest ones were about 4 metres from the house, up a tree--holding the others at bay with their nearly incessant squaaacking.  I use "nearly" because when I finally got the zoom trained on them, they went silent.  Generally-THE most contrary birds!

The kids wanted me to read to them, so I asked for a coffee, because they love making it.  It was their first time dealing with the ants glitch... there are tiny, tiny ants here, and they like to sneak into the kitchen (which is why I've invested heavily into the super sealing canisters for everything!).  The weirdness though, is their fondness for the water reservoir in the coffee machine.  They clump together by the dozens, occupying less than a square centimetre, and can't get out.  They were both a little twitchy-itchy when they were done....
Cheers, and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment