Both are in play right now.
The kids are in a flurry of school work that must be completed before holidays. Homework, homework, homework...everyone's anticipating the holidays, and working really hard.
Holiday approaching, holidays approaching!!! Half joy, half panic...depends on the person, depends on the moment.
That's unsettling anticipation is not because we're not decorated (we are!), not because we're not eager to see Canadian family, friends, and snow (we are!), not because we aren't ready for a little break from the schooling (we ARE!), but because we don't know if we'll get our passports in time for the planned travel back! Plus, we need time to get the new ones to the notary, so I can travel with the kids-because looking like different iterations of the same genetic code just isn't enough...
I'm ready with my little portable sack of gifts...I have the requested decaf coffee my Mom discovered here in there... I'm thinking of the fireplace at the cabin, and a book that's (arrhh...what's it called when it's not factual?!!!) right, fiction...so other than needing a title, I'm ready for holidays.
And before then, I'll wrap up the MABC program-that's the excellent anticipation. That countdown is at 9 days, and that countdown will be done before the official Christmas countdown. and then finally, there's Christmas--and that's always fun... And there's New Year's and we'll just keep speeding ahead to whatever's next.
Anticipation is one thing, enjoying the moments is where I'm going to try to focus.
Happy anticipations to all!
Cheers and chao.
So much going on! But I know you'll navigate it all without trouble. Where will you be when you visit Canada?
ReplyDelete