Thursday, 14 November 2013

I could be writing a paper, but I'm blogging instead. Is this progress?

I think I just need to let the ideas brew a little while...

I'm thinking about the how's and when's of launching a communication consultancy again...that takes brain space.  It's also a part of the last two courses I'm doing, so I'm putting in a good deal of pondering time. I can feel when I'm working on an integration of fields, ideas, experience, and crystal ball gazing.  I know I'll have to knock four pieces together in the next 48 hours...but that's fine for now.

Once the kids get home from school, I'll help them sort themselves for the afternoon and evening, dinner's planning is done, and it's too easy tonight (mustard seeded baked salmon, rice and broccoli) so I'm nearly done that before I start.

I decided today that I couldn't go any longer without sorting out the computer stuff...I've been doing all school related things on the laptop, iPhoto was working great there, so I basically let the kids have at the mac, and I used it for screen space when they were at school.  Since that little laptop has been stolen, I've had to adjust my practice, and find I'm really missing the work where and when I feel like.  The desktop feels like I've put myself in 'time-out' because I don't have any other options for working.  Apparently, I thrive on options.  Options help me stretch when I need to, use the screen space as I feel like, sit exactly as comfortably as I want, etc...more specific whining will just belabour the point...

So, because I'm glued to the chair, and using the desktop as my one and only, I've been frustrated with iPhoto for not opening up the saved versions of the pictures from my laptop back up...those were more recent and iPhoto just couldn't deal!  So, I try to download new iPhoto, can't--OS is too old on the mac, I deliberated, and decided to take the risk and get the new operating system into play, hoping I could then update the mac's iPhoto, and then see my pictures again.  (This is a wrench in my photo book making...a real pain to return to the whining again).  Got the OS updated (free-which was happy because so far the robbery has a price tag into the thousands-and that's not even including what was stolen, only what it's cost so far to replace the bare necessities--like passports, etc...).  Then, went to purchase the newer iPhoto-which I could download for free (more happy to not pay) and some minute soon, that will be done and I'll know if my pics are accessible again.

Spent a great chunk of the day with the alarm company in attendance, so the downloading was happening concurrently (again, happy to not waste time!).  There was a failure to communicate the exact sequence of events in setting the alarm.  All figured now after the robbery (so, less happy to be uselessly preventing the robbery that already happened, and still bemoaning our string of events that left us robbed!!!).  Everything that's happening as a result reminds me, and ticks me off freshly, and I have to sort myself out again!  It's really affected me- I won't go so far as thinking that people generally bad, because I actually think most times, people are good--but thinking more often that they might be rotten isn't fun.  I'm dreaming about home invasions, and how I might swing a golf club to damage if I needed to...fun crap like that has me feeling edgy.  Edgy takes energy-energy that I could be using for the writing I'm not doing?  Energy for the goodwill I'm striving to find...I'm taking the approach that happiness building requires being kind to others, and deciding what I'm going to focus on.  It's helping, but it's not really an instant cure by any stretch of my imagination.

I will stubbornly pursue this until it works. Like today, I had great sushi, and the weather was nice, and the kids were well enough to go to school.  She likely doesn't have a broken foot, he likely will be done coughing soon, and his brother probably doesn't have a concussion-just a headache, and he's likely going to be done all the make-up work that he needed to do because it was on the stolen laptop --and soon I'll know how their days were, and carry on.

That's all for now, I might have sorted enough for the moment that I can get one paper together.  I am prepared now to hunker down.  The writing always helps the writing go better, though on a clock, that might seem false, it's truly true.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment