There's a great kids book, with a dragon, authored in the UK, Baby Dragon Tamer, which comes to mind now, because the phrase stuck with me. "Whatever next?!" exclaimed the dragon, when the baby horrifies him by countering the dragon's attempts at frightening him by filling his diaper with gusto...and by gusto, you know.... Anyway it's a favourite of the kids' from long ago, perhaps because I've always read it with sound effects and a slight accent?!! The phrase has stuck with me and in times of frustration, it comes in handy. So, "Whatever Next?!" exclaimed the mom.
I'm not so sure that I'm feeling frustrated, it could just be uncertainty. Once I'm done with this last round of school--whatever next?! So I'm qualified on paper to do the things that I like, but what form will that take professionally? With projects, work like is a little uncertain-at the best of times. I could be corporate, or start my own-which is attractive because I can work the schedule. The trick is doing what I want to do professionally, and continuing to be available as Mom. They should be used to a certain amount of time sharing by now though, as I've had to work most Saturdays for the last two years...and I've read a lot on Sundays.
So that's about it. I'm prepared. For what, I'm not sure...
In the meantime, there's passport retrieving, notary visiting so I can cross borders with the kids, and shopping, and packing, and planning...I'm looking forward to holidays, and hoping Jeff can take as long as possible:) He's exercising a lot, to allow for holiday cooking!
After the robbery, and fearing for my pictures, I still need to sort backup for the desktop...but in the meantime, I think I have them all together. I can use my camera again, so I can catch up with photo projects, as a start in using the time I won't spend studying anymore... And I'm just realizing, no more tuition bills-that's a good deal too. There will be a couple years tuition-free, unless I go crazy and start a Ph. D. for consulting cred...but maybe the next round of tuition can just go toward a kid!
Cheers, and chao.
No comments:
Post a Comment