Thursday, 5 September 2013

More on loving the one pot.

First for Carmen..."one"--she had a laugh last time, because she read a little too quickly:)

The dish I made was my all time favourite - I will most certainly use the grape juice again.  Not a trace of grape flavour remained-it just added the depth I was hoping it might.

The kids had fun guessing the secret ingredient--(mostly, because it dyed the meat back to red, so they were skeptical that the meat was actually cooked.  I reassured them, yes, it is safe.)

Was it ketchup?
No.
Tomato?
No.
Beets?
No.
Ketchup?
No-it continues to not be ketchup...

[Fun aside, we're in a rollicking thunderstorm...booming so loudly I'm startling involuntarily, even though I know it's coming...and I'm bracing, even.]

So back to the grape juice, it affected the colour of the meat very, very slightly, but the potatoes stayed perfectly potato-coloured.  And - delicious, there...all summed up.

Now, for my next food related item...I'll call them 9000 hour beans.  I'm still waiting.  I might need to rename them.  10 000 hour beans has a nice ring to it.  The flavour's great, thanks to the red pepper paste I found...There are pouches of garlic paste, onion paste, and, the red pepper paste I just mentioned-they are exciting enough because they're ready to use, but there's more--no preservatives!

Cheers and Chao!



No comments:

Post a Comment