Sunday, 9 September 2012

Again, with the paradoxes of moving

The excitement of returning to Canada around a birthday time is high...so high that I wonder if everyone realizes that we're leaving this house!

There were so many people through the house yesterday I felt quite spun around.  I propose the following rules for going to someone's house to buy their stuff:  be respectful and fast.  There were some ladies who were confused about the purpose--I wasn't having a tea party, I was having a Saturday sale.  Some were lovely, and a few minutes of chat were enjoyable.  Others had trouble finding the door...One lady took the trouble to tell me that because the toilet seat was up, according to Fung shui, all of our money would run out.  Thanks for that-door's right here where we left it!!!

At the same time-I found it all quite funny.  Jeff was nearly beside himself-he's never really done well during the unavoidable garage sale that lightens the load!  It did become clear to him yesterday that we are moving-really, and not just in theory...There was a quivering lip when the girl's bike went to it's new home (but nothing that a new bigger bike at the next house promise couldn't cure-and the lady was so nice about it)...and true to character, middle man was happy to show everyone around.  The oldest semi-pro mover was at a "last" sleepover, so he missed most of the action-I'm more than sure he's not feeling ripped-off about that--

I will miss friends here dearly-though some of them have left ahead of us, there are excellent families here, doing what we're doing, and a community feeling forms quickly.  Ok-that's all of that that I can do right now-misting over!

As usual, we will focus on the next part of the adventure and keep the friends in hearts and on Skype!  So if you're reading this-you can find me on skype with my email address!  That's a hint...in case I was too subtle.

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment