I mentioned to Ella that both her Dad and I have lots to think about and do to make sure that our move goes well. I also mentioned that anytime a kid cooperates, that helps make everything go well, and we all have a better time. I, being a little shy on quality rest, you know, the kind where you're not awake between 1 and 3 trying to quiet the mind....have been feeling short on exercise and short on energy; I know this about myself--I get edgy. I'm not saying there isn't a "tone" in the requests their dad is making of them...but whether it's there or not, I'm getting an edgy vibe from him too. Mostly it involves Lego. "The Lego needs to get put away." "The Lego needs to get put away now", "I'm still seeing Lego out-get it put away now!!!", "WHY is there still Lego out?!"
So coming back 'round to mentioning to Ella that every time one of them is cooperative-it helps us all have a better time...I sat down to check email, and heard rustling in the kitchen. "What are you doing in there?" "Just making my lunch for tomorrow." That's the kind of good stuff that goes a long way in busy days like these! It forced me to pause and smile-which apparently, I needed:)
Awww man! Jeff just asked me how the closet was coming along. I have to go now.
I think you need to tell the man that TIMING IS EVERYTHING. (Because he needs a super big hint!)
ReplyDelete