Friday, 7 September 2012

Boy oh boy that boy

Way back when I was getting educated in education there was information coming my way about behavior changes, and how those patterns typically go...well, if intensifying is a signal that progress is being made, then I'm making progress with him, and he's making progress too.

Unfortunately, escalating and intensifying means even more cranked up versions of the same stuff we're trying to help him out of!  This day has been a HUGE success.  HUGE!  The positives are that he has seemingly accepted the inevitability of the work needing to get done-but he's still testing to make sure that it does actually need to get done.

He's still a keeper, though I don't mind this little excursion from home for a little move discussion and sushi...He didn't seem to pleased that we were off without him because he still had work to do.  He was sad though, so that seems more accepting of the reality than if he had gotten mad instead.

Slowly by slowly we're seeing the progress.  We also went out for some physical activity to try keep our energy happening, because these days require that we stay up to whatever tasks the days offer.  (He sat poolside and did, and didn't do, the math that was there for him because he wouldn't do practice with me at home.)  Soon we'll be settling in, and I'm thinking that it would be a good to put him in school, to make sure he can meet some friends.  I'd truly love to feel that he'd be a more diligent student though...

So that's that.  I'll sign off with a touch of irony: the writing assignment that he refused for an hour was writing six positive things that he could think about after he "junked the junk"...

Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment