Saturday, 12 May 2012

No snap, no crackle, just a little pop

The kids...such an adventure.  Today we needed to take Dane and Keaton to the clinica (hospital).  Dane's wrist, fallen on in rugby, was still hurting after three days.  Bone was neither snapped, nor cracked-but the soft tissues had popped a bit--just a sprain...Keaton's viral rash that started out as pin dots had flared to a raging full body raised, itchy, almost entirely covering him rash.  I had already taken him to a dermatologist the day after it appeared, but it was so itchy that he was really uncomfortable even with the lotion and the oral antihistamines.
When we got them registered, they needed different departments, so Jeff went with Dane - who thanks to his broken arm- really knew his way around the place and the process.  I went with Keaton.  He had his vitals done (asked what each was for...) and sadly for him the recommendation was an IV administration of a steroid and an antihistamine.  He was tough (asked all about it), and he was super about it--and when it was all done, he blanched white and broke into a sweat.  I recalled how he fainted when he saw his blood leaving during a blood test last year, so I asked him to really stay awake.  I figured if he could stay awake, then he wasn't passing out from an adverse reaction...and that he just needed a little time to regulate after the needle business.  If not, then there were medical people right outside the door.
All was good...
We went out for sushi because Ella was "so super hungry" after being at the hospital (and having no muffin as planned because Jeff needed to go with Dane).  The hunger was intense, and lasted all the way home, after lunch, through the first bowl of popcorn, the second with chocolate chips, and the two fruit pops.
There are some class responses to make in my courses, a dinner somewhere in there too, and the rest of a paper.  Then, I'll only have 7 weeks left.  I am really looking forward to our vacation.  I am still a little twitchy from dealing with our bags so many times over the last few months...but I think I'll be alright.  I am however, allowing only one checked bag--NO more...As for purchasing...I think I'll just sit in the sun instead and read a book about fluffy stuff.
Off I write...I need to finish my paper on what I can learn about presenting from Chris Rock's Never Scared stand up.  I think I'll keep the language a little softer, but there are some things about emphasis that I'll keep in mind.  All this, because he wasn't "talkin 'bout rich!" he was "talkin' 'bout wealthy." So if you don't remember the comedy, you could watch it tonight.  Or, you could get Robin Williams' Live on Broadway and watch that one again.  Just make sure it is a really uniform crowd in the living room, so you don't have to pretend you don't think the raunchy bits aren't hilarious...I mean, if you think they are...
Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment