Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Booked!

Holidays are partially booked, so we're heading up.  That's as far as I've taken it, hoping for and Air Canada special to book the flights within Canada.  When we come back I'll be the mother of a high-school student.  That's pretty funny when I consider how "advanced" the parents seemed to me when I was teaching high school.  We were teacher babies, and I remember bumping up into my thirties with my teaching friends.

As a person in my thirties, the round of schooling seemed perfectly normal, but for the next year, as I finish up...I'll be in my forties-and that feels different in the mind.  Oh well-I plan to put it to good use.  When I see Jeff's place in his career, 40's seems like just getting into the "pro" zone...why does it feel different for me?  Oh yeah...must be the years of doing other work.

Well, now that my desk is clear, I can get that paper written about audience analysis.  Then I'll get to the pool, and try wear off the mystery weight that I've been padding myself with...dig deep and try to focus on what I did before that had my mind and skin clear, and my jeans hanging on me!  Jeff's been here, so he took the kids to school today, and I have a few minutes extra that I really want to use before I go to Spanish.

The smoothie for breakfast should help, and so should the quinoa.  And the tea.
Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment