Sunday, 29 April 2012

Just in time

I feel like I've sorted "life" just in time to start classes again.  There are a few things that still need doing; but while I'm in class I will try to be more time-efficient in my work, and pull back a little on the research to get through the material faster.  This is a tall order for me, as it's likely a known fact that I enjoy going all-out when I write papers.
Dane has had either a bug, or an allergic kind of episode, so he's agreed to go wheat and dairy-free for a few days to see if he feels better.  I have to say that he's done an excellent job of it, and I'm impressed that he's able to do it in his own best interest, because there really is no pizza involved in this way of eating.  I really just wanted to give his system time to clear up whatever was bugging him, whether it was a virus, or a food at the root, I'm not sure but he's feeling better and seems much livelier.  He's been so responsible...It's challenged me in the kitchen, because his tastes are still a touch, I'll say..."specific".  No matter though, because he's getting good information about how he works!
As for food and I, I've broken out in a huge rash again.  Coffee's back out-but this time I managed it without the 3 day rager of a headache.  Very pleased by that I am!  Chirimoya pops are out, which is sad, because they were my go-to snack-nutritious, and healthy, etc...  I've basically upped everything good for me:  water, vitamins, fibre, and exercise.  My knee is not angry any longer, so that's a positive as well.
I feel like I need to stock up on positives, and exercise, and reinforce the good eating groove for myself, so that I don't put courses ahead of healthy eating and activities.  I've been feeling like catching up after all  of our suitcase time has been a real challenge.  I would like to pitch it all sometimes, but then, where's the fun in that.  If it wasn't this, it would be something else-no matter what we were choosing to do in life.  It's amazing what I can relegate to "details".
There are a few things that our mobility has affected though, and I'll need to get a handle on them before another month passes.  Taxes, did I already write that?  Insurance, etc...so they're not little things.  I have been able to sweep some of the smaller tasks up and out though, so I can concentrate on the bigger picture for a few minutes.  The real pinch in all of it is that Jeff has been away so much that there's been little left for this kind of unappealing business.
I have somehow managed to achieve the most recent high in pounds, and the most recent low in the same week...I'm in the lower now though, so that's a much happier state of affairs.  I feel optimistic that I can get where I want to with being fit, because having completed all the stuff recently, I feel more capable--all around.
As for the near future-I think we're taking a drive south today, or taking advantage of the quiet house and getting at those unappealing jobs.  We've enjoyed a longer weekend with school closed for conferences...went to a movie...(ok-that's worth a re-tell:  so we get there with just enough time after Keaton's agonizing join or stay and play decision...I get to automatic ticket purchase machine, waited, and when it was my turn, it was not working-advised management as screen indicated-got told no they're both working, explained that no, they aren't and asked if he could help with tickets, no, he couldn't-because they're both working....gave up on him...reentered line, reconsidered movie choice, thought OMG the kids in this place are running like wild monkeys...reconsidered entire venture...Dane found what we wanted but in 3D and scheduled to start in five minutes, 3D-although not my favourite, did get us into what we were shooting for...so waited through line for the one working machine, again, bought tickets, got to entrance, guy says they're for the 8 o'clock show, which didn't work well because it was 4...so I explained that in the machine, it said 16:05, not 20:05, and then asked if we could join the movie already showing...which was the one I had tried to get tickets for in the first place, so he said sure, and offered a refund of the 3D ones we purchased-which I skipped because I didn't feel like the trouble--so we watched the movie, as per original intent, in 2D, with popcorn and Pez, and after all that, we only missed about two minutes of play after a half hour of tomfoolery).
And now, powered by a 50 minute ride, and breakfast, it's time to get on with Sunday:)
Cheers and chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment