I looked at the last post to see where I was, and I have done everything I set out to do, so I guess I'm still enjoying not having any class for a while! I have gotten a little traction in the operation of the house, even though it feels like my wheels are still spinning a bit. I am still learning how to enjoy leisure time...I started by planning coffees and lunches with friends...and I was right-they were fun. I added exercise in, that worked. Jeff was home for a bit, so the 24-7 detail was lighter-so that was good. Bought a fridge, good...it was actually delivered-also good. Then...not so orderly because the store didn't actually book the installation, I called the number, spoke to different people repeatedly because the call was dropped three times (or did they tire of my Spanish?). I had to ask our relocation expert to give us a hand with that...
So this week, I hope to keep all of my trains running on the same track. There was trouble with the function in the junction, which is my cue that I'm still a little discombobulated. I prefer to have everything in the mental calendar "master page" rather than on separate pages: i.e. realizing that Spanish class goes from 9:30 to 10:30, so reading at 10 in Ella's class is not really a happening option. It all worked out...but this week shall be better-I know, because even though I haven't felt super-orderly lately, it's coming back together. Proof? I've lost one of the pounds I'd found in the months of eating out (even though I was trying to eat smart).
Exercise is key to the healthy feeling I'm looking for...and it's been great being in charge of my own foods again. We're three weeks into the house, and I feel there's a hint of a groove returning. It's old news, because I just put it on Facebook, but I got through the mound of moving receipts-so that's a triumph in and of itself. Nine weeks of restaurants is a lotta paper. And tape-how many times have I mentioned the taping down of the little receipts to 8.5x11, or A4 paper??!! All worth it...there was a "not-insignificant" amount of Reinson cash laid out over the last many weeks. Ok, not really cash, we visa'd for the Aeroplan points! Also, I wonder how many loyalty points we earned by laying our heads down on the hotel pillows that I still miss-the bed was fantastic too. Ahhhh...maybe I'll have to hunt down a featherbed topper?
Today waits on a coffee, so we'll get ourselves readied for that-and it's all Sunday Sunday Sunday after that.
Cheers and chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment