Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Parking lot guy (a different one for those who heard the story of the other guy)

Recap of first parking lot guy--he was captain machismo.  This guy stopped traffic in a parking lot, and REFUSED to budge so the line could move past him.  Meanwhile traffic builds up behind me, and I'm trapped.  One person goes too fast, and I'm rearended off a very brisk street, where the traffic is always flowing well, therefore, no one expects 6,8,then 10 cars to be stopped.  When he first stopped and stayed, I waited to see what he was doing, when it was clear that he wasn't moving, I gave the horn a couple of honls, nice light ones...like "hey, you might not realize it, but there are cars behind you..."  Meanwhile, I've blocked in a guy who wants to leave his space, I can't go anywhere...this parked guy honks a couple of time to the guy, like..."hey...you're blocking traffic here..."  So he still sits there like a paralyzed rabbit.

All the people behind are honking, but then, it was more like "MOVE ALONG JACKASS!!!"  So eventually, the car whose spot the wait-er so coveted leaves, pulls out, and he parks (fully 3 meters closer to the door than had he driven on smoothly to the 7 open spots that were visible from the entrance to the lot...).  I moved along, parked, and got out, to go into the building.  This guy comes up to me: To-co sus bocina a mi???!!  all mad (Did you honk at me?).   So I pretend I hardly know Spanish-because he was a tad intense.  And his spits back: "Joo speak EEnglitch???" I answered yes.  "Did you touch your horn at me?!!" he shouted.  I answered "Yes,  a couple of times actually... "

He proceeded to come about a foot away from me, and started a tirade about how people here have to wait for parking spaces, and others [me] just need to wait patiently until the cars leave.  And how I shouldn't have touched my horn at him.  I replied that the whole line of traffic was honking-he said that was rude, and I well, if I have to choose between rude and possibly getting hit from behind by a speeding car, I'll choose to honk my horn.  He could have moved, and been polite, but he chose not to...

Now, shortening the story...he gets closer, at which point I decide I've had more than plenty out of him.  I could have scurried into the restaurant; but decided against it.  I chose offense instead of defense, and instructed him to STEP AWAY, he was in my space.  His indignant reply was that it wasn't my space [thinking parking-he was obviously offended by the whole of everyone thinking he was an idiot behind the wheel.]  Really?!!  I told him he was being extremely aggressive, he was indeed in my space, and he needed to BACK OFF.  So he did, with sorry sorry, and loads of sarcasm while he bowed away backwards.  Then he asked if that was enough space, "not quite, because you're still yelling at me in a parking lot!"  

Then he shouts that he apologized, and I should to...At which point I laughed heartily "for you blocking traffic??!!"  
"You're not going to apology me?"  [which has since become a comic phrase that we refer back to at times]
"NOPE!  But if you really need one, try the other drivers who were honking at you--I don't think they felt like getting rammed from behind either!!!"
End of story.  I didn't 'apology' him, and he went away in a huff.  His driving ego took a hit...poor crazy parking lot guy shouting at a woman!

That's crazy parking lot guy number one.  Crazy parking lot guy number two has a very short story.  I slowed down to turn into the gas station, noticed there was a disheveled looking guy walking in the street, not on the sidewalk-thought "hmmmm..." steered around him, and pulled up to the pump.

I waited a moment for the attendant, he came, went without starting to fill the truck to the next pump to collect from the other customer.  While I'm waiting, I notice a guy speaking loudly out into the air--but this guy's a little mussed up too.  Bluetooth?  Nope.  Cell phone? Nope.  Can I understand what he's saying?  Nope.  Then the Carabineros (cops) pulled up...5 in the sedan, and two in the van that was parked there.  I asked the attendant if they were there for the man, he answered they were, and then shook his head.  Solo hablando! he said, confirming that the guy was indeed just talking out into the air.

My house is about 10 blocks away.  I'll double check the alarm before I turn in...all's well, because I know the security at the gate wouldn't let him in anyway.  Yeah, I'm still double-checking the alarm.  And I double checked out housekeeper's route, and filled her in, in case she had to transfer at that stop.  She didn't.
And now, I'm off to sleep after a day of really uneventful foods.   Yesterday, for the first time in a couple of years, I didn't need to blend away the red irritated spots on my face:)  That's how uneventful the foods have been lately.  I have a friend with possible food intolerances giving the gluten-free a spin to see if it helps her.  She's in the smoothie days...so I think she would like something solid to crunch already!  

If I make anything interesting, I'll post the recipe.  It's pretty normalized here now, in the food department.  Coffee costs are still down, chocolate chips have only gone into the baking for the family to eat, I've not had a single anything chocolate-mostly because I want to wait to see what happens with my skin.  I'll try soy soon, after I am assured that my skin is going to stay like it is now, and not suddenly go all freaked out and rashy...I'll revisit the websites, because I'm ready for some new recipes now.

Chao!






No comments:

Post a Comment