But a little slower here. They don't commit to between 9-5 in a day, rather--they have a commitment that's like "manana". Trouble is, it literally means tomorrow, but practically means "whateverrrrrrrr". So Several mananas later, as in, since last Wednesday-no one has come to install anything for us. Jeff really wants his desk to have a hard connection so the connection will be more continuous than the intermittent wireless scene we're currently a part of....and so, I wait. And email our lady to see if she'll call them again for us.
And speaking of things that are the same-I got a crazy phone call about my visa. Call is all in Spanish; but I made the mistake of asking a question, thinking at first it was someone about our residency. But wait--this is Sunday, in Chile, where there is no office open, ever, on a Sunday. Bottom line, I think it was all a complete crock. Scams--it's why I'm so evasive on the phone. "Yes......." and nothing else. Well truthfully, I often ask why they're calling. It's a little easier here-"No entiendo" (I don't understand) + hangup! Someone was after my numbers, I just felt it...
That's it, just a few peculiarities of the spot we're in...Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment