Saturday, 30 May 2015

'Sticking' with it...

Why this title is so funny to me: because I really don't like needles.  I was terrified of them as a kid, and seriously pat myself on the back for being able to get "ok" with them as an adult.  I think being a mom and having to coach the kids along for immunizations, IVs, etc... has meant that I needed to be better at them, so I didn't terrify the kids too--

Today was a huge leap.  Part of recovering from whatever(s) that are ailing me means weekly shots of B12.  This has been taking up huge amounts of time for me.  Go to office.  Wait. Get into little room. Wait. Explain to Doc why I need them so often. Tolerate the "if you say so...." skeptical countenances. Spend four minutes getting shot.  Think "I should be able to do this myself". Week passes. Another visit. Wait. Get into little room. Re-explain. Re-tolerate same look and questions. Think "I should be be doing this myself". Decide to.

Go back to doctor, wait, get into little room, explain to Doc that I'm going to do these on my own, because it's taking a lot of time to come in for the shots. Doc was wonderfully patient and spent 10 minutes showing me how, and then I gave myself the shot.  I gave myself the shot?!!!

I am feeling so good, and not just because I know that by tomorrow, I'll be feeling better than today! This will save me hours upon hours of waiting.  It's good.  Tomorrow, I'll post the recipe for the treat Mom baked with Little Miss, as they were fantastic, and paleo.  I'll also post the recipe from Make It Paleo for the trout that Dad BBQd for us last night.  Possibly the best chunks of fish I've had in years-

Cheers and chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment