Thursday, 4 June 2015

Blueberries by the bushel (almost) and

I've been putting so much thought into what I did the last time I was battling with feeling well, when we were in Santiago, and I lost all that weight, and did all that exercise...and I decided I wasn't getting enough blueberries or seeds.  It seemed to do good things for my metabolism, as well as supplying energy that lasted.  It also felt like an indulgence, due to my very huge love of blueberries.  Now that I live in another blueberry mecca... I snapped a picture of this lunch, while I let the seeds soften a bit, as that makes it easier for a somewhat faulty digestive system to get the nutrients pulled out and distributed.
It's exactly as pictured, but it's a non-dairy coconut milk, turned to yogurt, so it's full of antioxidants in the blueberries, low sugar, low GI (so no blood sugar surges), and the seeds have a few good oils in them.  I like coconut yogurt because it tastes good, has coconut oil-which Dr. Wahl promises the mitochondria looooove- along with skin cells liking the lipids as well.  Additionally, that yogurt has the probiotics that help everything work as planned.  All this, plus digestive enzymes and helpers should contribute to my continued improvement.
Also, though it's hardly a last minute addition, I have dropped a little bit more weight, have more energy, the hemoglobin levels are continuing to rise, and I continue to work on a patient and persistent attitude about getting ok with everything going slowly.
So cheers and chao-



No comments:

Post a Comment